Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Gig



Saturday I did a lil wedding reception in San Gabriel.
Interesting pad...nice lil backyard outdoor thing...
The guy with the gear uses Traktor Scratch...ver 3.
Now, i'm a hardcore Serato Scratch Live user. I don't know everything there is to know about Serato Scratch Live...all i use it for is to mix...I don't even like looking at the display once I pick a song...



I've used earlier version of Traktor and it worked well for triggering tracks and basic mixing...
The MacBook I was on hiccuped once whilst i grabbed tracks from my USB MyBook external drive. This was truly annoying but for the most part Traktor seemed to be ok when I used the external Mac Search and then dragged and dropped straight into the program...the overview creation is slightly faster than in Serato Scratch Live...

It's not my setup so I can't really say much else except for that it worked but I prefer the rock solid performance of Serato Scratch Live and look forward to the partnership with Ableton Live.

Link to announcement it here ---> Serato and Ableton partnership on CDM

No comments: